As a Database Administrator you will provide oversight for direction of database technologies and disciplines, which include: database administration, database design, standards and procedures, and database development for an Oracle environment that optimizes systems reliability and performance for all the Universityís customers. You will manage and deliver database design, performance tuning and hands on administration of server databases, as well as database tools and services supporting Oracle RDBMS, Oracle PeopleSoft, and business intelligence technologies including Oracle Data Integrator and OBIEE.
You will be part of an agile team desiring to implement the latest industry concepts and seek continuous improvement. We foster collaboration, value diversity of opinion leading to shared philosophy, and celebrate success. We value your technology expertise and will empower you to strive for excellence in your craft with training and team interaction. Our team seeks to build one another up professionally and spiritually.
* Bachelorís degree required (Computer Science or related field is preferred).
* Five years of Oracle database administration experience, with an emphasis on capacity planning, disaster recovery and performance tuning.
* Database implementation, migration, and upgrade experience are also preferred.
* Experience should be in Oracle11g and 12c in a Unix or Linux environment.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for database server installations, configurations, and maintenance on production, test, and development databases in a 24x7 support environment.
* Collaborate with systems engineers, systems developers, and application developers in creating efficient and well-designed data models that meet business requirements.
* Plan, implement, and regularly test disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
* Monitor database server performance and capacity, and recommend improvements as needed.
* Assist in the troubleshooting and performance tuning of SQL and SQR scripts.
* Manage database security and access controls in production, test, and development environments to ensure data integrity.
* Configure, troubleshoot and monitor database storage.
* Maintain failover instances of production databases through Oracle Data Guard.
* Prepare and maintain documentation for database configuration and processes.
* Serve on project teams as a technical lead for database related projects.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs, along with occasional evenings/weekends
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Strong knowledge of complex database management system technologies, tools, and methodologies.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle 11g and 12c Administration.
* Ability to communicate solutions, recommendations and issues to both technical and non-technical parties.
* Firm grasp of data warehousing concepts and architecture.
* Ability to write scripts in SQL and PL/SQL.
* Database replication with Data Guard.
* Strong understanding of storage technologies, such as SAN, device-mapper multipath, and Oracle ASM.
* Strong skills with most Linux operating system commands and utilities.
* Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes; for example, ability to boot/shut down a machine, add and remove user accounts, use backup programs and fsck or chkdsk, manage shared resources (e.g., file systems, printers), mount remote file systems, and maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases, usermanager).
* Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
* Ability to work well alone or on a team.
* Ability to communicate and train others concerning complex technical topics
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Linux/UNIX server platforms
* Windows, Mac and mobile client platforms
* Oracle 11g RDMS, ASM, Data Guard, RMAN
* Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control
* Documentation tools such as, Google Apps, Wikiís, and Microsoft Office
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.