Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Assistant Softball Coach|
Assist coaching staff in day-to-day operations with the program, including but not limited to coaching, player development, recruiting, scouting, academic support and general operations with NCAA rules.
* Bachelorís Degree
* 2 - 4 years of previous coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assist in the development of sport specific skills. Teach in a classroom environment the basic tenants of the sportís game plan and skills needed to execute the game plan. Assist in meetings involving personnel.
* Assist in developing coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes in the classroom and in the sport.
* Assist in the planning and education of student-athletes in techniques, skills and theory of the sport.
* Aid in preparation of scouting reports and evaluations of opponents from video break-down.
* Assist in planning of practice sessions and coaching situations.
* Ensure student compliance with rules regarding behavior and appearance.
* Monitor the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with athletic trainers and team physicians.
* Work cooperatively with university coaches, staff, and faculty and community members.
* Recruiting responsibilities include; evaluation and identification of good fit prospective student athletes by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSAís and families; involved in process of official and unofficial visits; maintain relationships with high school coaches, and aiding in major recruiting efforts.
* Assist in communication between APU and prospective student athletes in completing all necessary admissions, financial aid, and NCAA compliance items.
* Comprehend and operate by standards set forth in the NCAA and APU Manuals.
* Aid in education and enforcement of NCAA rules as they relate to documentation and input of information in JumpForward and the NCAA Institutional Request List (IRL).
* Aid in discipleship and mentoring of student-athletes.
* Attend required department meetings and NCAA rules presentations (optional?).
* Assist with team travel arrangements.
* Assist staff in fundraising, alumni relations, community outreach and ministry opportunities.
* Assist in supervision of team equipment.
* Evidence of a strong commitment to an evangelical Christian philosophy and lifestyle (skill?)
* Sufficient experience to justify coaching, recruiting, compliance, and academic support
* Appropriate knowledge of current thinking in areas of sport techniques and strategy, conditioning, fitness, and leadership and program management
* Ability to lead, motivate, and minister to student athletes
* Excellent communication skills: both oral and written
* Responsible driving skills.
* Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multitasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Ability to bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Office, indoor and outdoor athletic facilities, various weather and temperature conditions.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Hudl and other sport specific web-based applications.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description