Manager, Field Safety, Health & Environmental|
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It’s another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You’ve no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you’ll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It’s a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that’s as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you’ll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We’ll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Field Safety Health and Environment Manager reporting to the Director, SHE and based in Baltimore or Lanham. This position will be responsible for providing functional leadership and technical guidance across all parts of the site/unit to enable staff to realize their Safety Health & Environment (SHE) goals and create pride in their achievement
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Align stakeholders to a compelling vision for SHE, aligned with ReadyRefresh strategy. Champion Nestle SHE policies and regulatory compliance activities / execution. Inspire, facilitate and coach the sites/region leadership and employees to embrace SHE values, excel in compliance with company and regulatory obligations & continuously improve SHE performance, leveraging continuous improvement foundations and management systems.
Through influence and engagement, continuously build leader competencies and improve knowledge and capabilities of leaders and employees in safety, health and environmental practices. Accountable for quality of SHE data collection, and other tools for reporting, collating & analyzing data.
Implement Nestles permit-to-work program to manage high-hazard tasks. Accountable as SHE subject matter expert. Support sustainability improvements and comply with waste, storm water, waste water, spill prevention, regulatory reporting and emergency response.
Coordinate Regional response plans & capability for relevant emergency situations, e.g. injuries & illnesses, crisis management, and emergency response.
Serve as subject matter expert in SHE engagement/messaging to frontline and frontline leaders. Champion and enable a culture that will sustained behavioral change resulting. Champion a "no-harm culture" & integrate the Nestle Safety Leadership Behaviors for field leaders and employees. Assure execution of SHE behavioral feedback processes, aligned with Nestlé/ReadyRefresh policies.
Provide support for emergencies and critical issues for all shifts.
Qualifications & Requirements
Key measures for this position include but are not limited to:
- Leading and lagging SHE KPIs and audit scores.
- Environmental Sustainability KPIs
- Investigation & tracking of Injuries, Illnesses & Near Misses
- OHSAS Certification (maintaining certification)
- Safety Leadership Behavior scores
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with field based leadership teams and SHE Team.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience in Safety, Health and Environment discipline
- Influenced behavioral change in a team/department.
- Working knowledge in the application of federal, state, OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations
- Demonstrate success in building and executing SHE compliance and sustainability programs as well as leading consistent improvements in SHE performance.
- Analyzed SHE incidents to identify multiple root causes; ability to effectively oversee that the organization puts in the necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Audit to close process gaps and drive performance improvements.
- Worked on cross-functional teams.
- Translated policies & standards into practical action plans.
- Successfully coached and mentor individuals and teams.
- Held one or more line (or project) management positions.
- Worked in operational or industrial environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate at different organizational levels.
- Track record of taking proactive approach to anticipate issues or improve current practices that result in a change in behavior and improved SHE performance.
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?