Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Assistant Director - Undergraduate Student Financial Services|
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid: Compliance serves to provide leadership to Undergraduate Financial Aid specifically as it relates to operational compliance. This role also ensures the timely and accurate processing of Federal, State, institutional and outside aid including adjustments necessitated by enrollment changes. The primary focus of this position is to support Undergraduate Financial Aid in maintaining Title IV compliance and meeting overall enrollment and revenue goals by monitoring, training, and ensuring staff adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies.
* Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
* Four - Seven years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or financial aid environment. Previous financial aid experience is preferred.
* Two – Three years of professional experience with problem solving, team building and decision–making ability preferred.
* Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles. Previous financial aid/loan processing experience is required.
* Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and service to various internal constituents.
* Demonstrated knowledge in Title IV regulations.
* Experience using database systems and analyzing data to inform decisions.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides leadership for the Financial Aid Specialists within the office and is a part of the Financial Aid Leadership Team. Stands in for the Director and Associate Director as needed.
* Assists with data related project management in the office. This includes coordinating frequent reports pertaining to grants, scholarships, discounts, and direct loan processing efforts in the most effective and efficient manner.
* In collaboration with the Director and Associate Director will assist in overall financial aid compliance efforts relating specifically to student loans and other aspects of financial aid.
* Is a regular member of the institutional compliance committee.
* Develops a process for and conducts regular internal auditing of Undergraduate Student Financial Aid files and activities to ensure quality control, internal consistency and compliance with Department of Education regulations.
* Works with the Director of Compliance to assist in preparation for the annual A-133 audit and other internal and/or external audits and program reviews, including but not limited to the compilation of all necessary policies, documents, and students files.
* Coaches and provides professional development direction to Financial Aid Specialist staff.
* Travels to and attends relevant industry related conferences to keep abreast of current financial aid trends.
* Creates and maintains policy and procedural documentation in federally accepted formats for operational use and auditing purposes
* Prepares written reports, resources, education and training materials on timely compliance topics
* Designs, develops, and conducts compliance related education and training
* Collaborates regularly with the Director, Associate Director, and Data Analysts to seek opportunities for improvements.
* Assists with functional tasks such as ad-hoc reporting.
* Ability to build, develop, and lead a diverse workforce in a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks individuals who are committed to diversity and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
* Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of leadership and through the university's daily living expectations.
* Required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter or Spring) a calendar year.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
* Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to develop and deliver training presentations.
* Office management and organizational skills.
* Proficient in data entry, analysis and quality control monitoring.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed materials in both physical and digital formats.
* Ability to drive and travel locally within the community and to other APU facilities.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
* Familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.