Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as âPersonal Cellâ or âCellularâ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customersâ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Weâre looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youâll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
A Designated Compliance Officer (DCO) serves as a subject matter expert in their assigned regulatory scope and is integral in supporting Wells Fargoâs ability to meet its regulatory compliance risk obligations and commitments. DCOâs are responsible for overseeing and assessing compliance with the laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance (âregulatory sourcesâ) that have been assigned to them.Â Â Responsibilities include developing a full understanding of assigned Privacy related regulatory sources (i.e, TCPA, Regulation P, GDPR, etc.) and their applicability and impact to Wells Fargoâs operations and leveraging that expertise to partner with impacted staff areas, lines of business, and the Legal Department. DCO activities inform appropriate regulatory compliance risk managers of the companyâs performance in complying with regulatory source and internal policy requirements.Â This position may support US or non-US based privacy requirements.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of complex regulatory structures and requirements and the ability to communicate that complexity crisply to facilitate shared understanding across multiple stakeholders, including senior risk leadership, to drive efficient and effective execution of regulatory requirements and associated compliance activities. This includes development of major requirements for assigned regulatory sources, providing guidance on development and sufficiency of controls, monitoring and evaluating changes in the regulatory environment and evaluation of the need for new or revised regulatory sources.Â The successful candidate will also monitor issues impacting assigned regulatory sources, provide subject matter expertise to Testing and Validation teams to support development of effective testing, complete documentation within Wells Fargoâs systems of record, and consolidate information to inform concise and relevant state of compliance reporting.Â DCOâs advise and support lines of business (LOBs).
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Risk Identification
- Major Compliance Requirement (MCR) and Authoritative Source Documentation and Maintenance
- Supporting Regulatory Examinations and Wells Fargo Audit Services Activities
- Supporting team member training
- Developing and Monitoring Risk Metrics and Reporting
Other duties include participating in or leading cross-business initiatives to ensure successful implementation of applicable regulatory changes or other required action plans.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working with banking regulations and/or prudential regulatory guidance.Â
- Experience with US and/or International Privacy laws and regulations preferred.
- Experience identifying and assessing emerging regulatory compliance riskÂ
- BS/BA degree or higher, Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Experience communicating with financial services regulators and or internal audit
- Ability to integrate end-to-end business process knowledge and assessment into oversight activities
- Experience with conducting risk assessments, assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls in a significantly large and complex organization
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
CO-Englewood: 9780 S Meridian Blvd - Englewood, CO
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1150 E University Dr - Tempe, AZ
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
UT-Salt Lake City: 1095 E 2100 S - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 1255 E Brickyard Rd 1 Flr - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 260 Charles Lindbergh Dr - Salt Lake City, UT
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.